In 1870, the Dansville and Mount Morris Railroad began operation, a 15-mile standard-gauge short-line that ran independently until it was sold in 1985. Since then, the Dansville Mt. Morris depot has remained unused, a priceless historical building, and a repository of local history and tradition. Long in need of restoration, the depot has re-emerged as the Battle Street Brewery. It is a place that renews the glories of the past and kindles new friendships. It will truly embody the spirit of Dansville and Livingston County.
In the early 1870s, the original depot was constructed with timber post and beam construction. The depot was extended twice after the initial construction. In 1924, the depot was remodeled to allow for increased passenger travel, which included an exterior stucco finish, new canopy, and expanded passenger lounge.